Friday, March 13, 2009

Knitting post

All right, all right I hear ya...geez I'm being bugged by some people that it's time to start blogging again.

I have to admit I feel as though I've lost my 'blog mojo'. No idea where it went or who it went with...actually, maybe I do know where it went. Michelle? You seemed to have developed quite the blogger ability these days, you seen my 'mojo' hanging around there?

So, upon thinking about what I'd like to write about and what I thought was blog worthy, I came up with zip, zilch, nada.

No one wants to hear about my recent illness (I don't even want to talk about it), our financial woes, or even EAR WAX. Ya hear that Michelle...no one wants to hear about ear wax!

So like I said, I couldn't think of anything I'd like to write about.

But then...

The Leaves of Whimsy socks are finally done and after the second attempt and full year in between attempting them, they fit (although I probably could have gone a touch longer on the leg). I love the pattern on these socks, the pictures just don't do it justice. These are made from a merino tencel in a custom dyed 'Irish Green' by Ann-Marie and knit on 2.25mm circular needles.





I got an order for 4 Christmas stockings and I'm pleased to report that I have 3 done and number 4 is waiting to be cast on. These are the same beautiful stockings that I cut my knitting teeth on a couple years back when I was learning how to knit. I'm very excited to say that they are being sold for a tidy little sum which will help to give me some money to buy soapmaking supplies. *Note* - I am taking orders for Christmas 2009 if you'd like me to knit some for you.



What's that you ask? More soapmaking supplies? Oh yeah baby! I am sooo excited to tell you that I have decided to go for it and start making soap to sell. I fell in love with the soap making process last Christmas and am anxiously waiting for Jay to finish making me another wooden soap mold and some cutters.

Next on my blogging post (yes, my very late, very long over due post) is a little experiment that I am conducting. I made Amy felted slippers a couple years ago and she's worn some holes in the soles. Not nearly as bad as mine so I'm thinking I might be able to patch them.

I've knitted some patches and felted them and will attempt to stitch them onto the bottoms tonight. My hope is that as Amy wears the slippers the patches will thin/smooth out a little
so that she won't feel them.

I've got the patches cut (a really cool thing about felting...you can cut it and it won't unravel lol) and will post pics later. Ah ha, that gives me something else to post about.

Holey sole




This is the uncut felted patch


So there you go...I blogged

2 comments:

Michelle Found said...

SHE BLOGGED! SHE BLOGGED! See, Victoria, there is ALWAYS something to write about. OK, ear wax was stretching it, but I was trying to prove to you that you can write about anything. Post a picture.... post a funny YouTube video.... oh that reminds me of one I wanted to post..... gonna have to start a list of "Things to blog about" because I soon forget as soon as I sit down to write!

Loved your soaps. Thanx for using me as a guinea pig. Can't decide which one was my fav. Probably the pink one.

Congrats on the blog post today, and we'll see you at the gym in just a few hours. (You blogged so I'll jog).

cafepress.com/hitsandhobbies said...

I missed ya! Thanks Vic (and all those who joined in the bugging to make the blogging happen again)! :-)