Sunday, July 19, 2009

Up at 4am...

It's just after 5am and I've been up and wide awake since 4. Why?, you ask. Because satan has a way of sneaking up on us and taking our peace, even when we are asleep.

I've been sitting here crying and worrying over things that just arent' all that important in the grand scheme of things. Let me backtrack a bit here for you.

Jay and I haven't been doing well money wise for a long time. Things have snowballed right into an avalanche that is presently burying us alive in worry, unpaid bills, late mortgages etc. There is a light somewhere in here at the end of the tunnel and I can see it. But here I sit worrying about some things that really, when you think about it, aren't all that important.

Meanwhile, a friend and her sweet soon to be 10 year old son are presently fighting for his life. Sweet little Stephen was diagnosed on July 7th with ALL (Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia - Standard). Sweet, gentle little boy. My heart breaks for what he and his family are going through. My heart breaks as I watch my little boy break down into tears whenever he is reminded of what his friend is going through.

I receive updates everyday from his mom via a blog they started at this place. I am so grateful to be able to read daily of his progress and to be able to pray for him. I am grateful that he was able to leave the hospital this weekend to stay at Ronald McDonald house while waiting for more treatment. I am so grateful his mom is able to stay with him during this whole process.

I am so grateful that my children are healthy and sleeping upstairs. There is so much to be grateful for in my life, but mostly, I am grateful for a merciful and understanding Savior who puts up with my insecurities and mistakes.

Jesus, please watch over this little boy and bless him with your healing touch. Give him and his family your strength to get through these coming days and months. I pray God that you will heal him completely of this disease, but I know your will be done. Amen.

All things God can turn into good. Even young Stephen's illness.

Even our financial mess and the situations we are facing presently.

I just need to get down on my knees and lay it all at His feet. I need to let go of the worry and allow my God to work in my life... our lives.

I am feeling somewhat a small modicom of peace right now as I type this. Funny how God can work through our fears and worries even through the spilling of our guts on a blog.

I am going to finish this and go spend some time with my Father, but before I do, I leave you with this.




1 comment:

Michelle Found said...

Victoria, you need to check out the song on this blogpost:

http://fiddlersfound.blogspot.com/2009/07/selahs-unredeemed.html

I especially like the line:
"You never know the miracle the Father has in store......"

Hang in there, girlie.