Thursday, September 4, 2008

Back to school...

As promised here are some pics of our classroom after we got 98% of the cleaning and organizing done and some of the kids on the 2nd day of school.

School has been going well, no melt downs (mine), tears (theirs or mine) or temper tantrums
(mine again).

...3 days down and only 179 to go ;P

The real test will be next week when we are back to a full workload. Presently we are only doing the core subjects of Bible, Reading, Spelling, English and Math. Next week I dump Science, History/Geography, French, Art and, Canadian studies on them.

I find the hardest thing is keeping to a schedule. Unfortunately for me, if I don't schedule it all out and work hard to stick with it, everything just starts to unravel, myself included. We've done 'okay' so far with the schedule, but it needs just a few minor tweeks.

Amy's Desk


Simon's Desk and work area


View of mine and Amy's desks and work area.


Simon hard at work


Picture of Cuddles and Amy. That cat will not leave Amy alone, she just climbs up and goes to sleep on the side of the desk in order to be closer to her.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was hoping that we were close in Cottage Country but I am the other way. I was hoping to have a close homeschooling family using R&S to. I am on the same yahoo group. What a blessing from S!!!!
I love your classroom, will be posting my finished kitchen/classroom pictures soon.

Anonymous said...

Aw that's too bad! I too would love another R&S homeschool family nearby. We don't have a support group in my town, the closest being 30km away. Looking forward to seeing your classroom pics :)