Friday, September 26, 2008

Recipe: How to Make Brown Sugar

I am sooo excited. I needed some brown sugar for my cabbage roll sauce and didn't have any :(

I was definately not running to the store to buy any since I started reading this blog.

So I went on the internet and found this fabulous recipe (tip?) and wanted to share it.


Light Brown Sugar

To 1 cup granulated sugar, add 1 Tablespoons molasses. Stir together until evenly mixed with a fork.

Dark Brown Sugar

To 1 cup granulated sugar, add 2 Tablespoons molasses. Stir together until evenly mixed with a fork.

















Too cool eh? Yup, I'm a dork :-)

2 comments:

Teresa & Julie-Andi said...

I'm loving this recipe! I always knew it was a mixture of molasses and white sugar, but I was never sure enough to try it. Thanks for posting this.

I noticed that you are also a Christian homeschooling family. I'd love to invite you to participate in my weekly post "Homeschool Mondays" at my blog. I'm dying for more input... :)

tweezle said...

Fantastic!! Thanks so much for sharing. Now, another way to cut back on my grocery bill!