Thursday, January 15, 2009

It Works!!!!

My little knitting felting machine works great! Both pairs of slippers felted more and they are in the dryer now (no, no I know I probably shouldn't put them in there) because it's soooo cold here, Si's and my feet are freezing. We both want out slippers NOW! lol

I'm also doing up a load of delicates, although I'm not sure if it's still termed delicates with Jay's and Si's in there hehe.

This little baby is gonna be a life saver for me. Whenever I need just a tiny load to do I can throw it in there. It's gonna be especially great for me who cannot go a day without spilling something on myself and staining my shirts. Now I will just spray and throw it in my little personal washer and voila! cleaned without a large amount of water and hydro. :-D

One side effect which I think is good, because I kept them out of a bag (normally to protect your washer you put felted items in a pillow case or some such) they are flufflier and I like that :)

Oh oh oh, I had already posted this but I just had another thought! I can take this camping with me woohoo! No more hand washing in the bathtub woot woot!

4 comments:

kkaci said...

Vic, that is so great. About how large is it?

You may hear a knock on your door the next time I have a felting project :-D.

How did the slippers turn out?

Anonymous said...

so that little metal thing is a clothes washer? and it felts things?? lol i am confused!

*****Melissa*****

Anonymous said...

hahaha! Yes it's a little clothes washer and it felts things LOL!!

Felting is the process of shrinking something that has been knitted out of 100% wool. You know how you are NOT supposed to wash wool clothing in hot water nor put it in the dryer? A top our size would end up fitting a doll if you did :)

I knit things really large, like say slippers (that would fit Shrek) then I wash them in really hot water with a couple of things in the water (like runners) to help beat the knitted item up. This ends up 'felting' the item...shrinking it and turning the yarn into a thick, strong fabric.

Anonymous said...

okay I get it now.
Sounds cool. I love the little hats you made for Amy and that little girls. cutest things ever!

*****Melissa*****