Wednesday, July 23, 2008

I Want My Baby To Remain A BABY! (at least for a little while longer)

Simon: "everyone has a mom, right?"

me: "yes"

Simon: "but not everyone has a dad"

me: "nope, everyone has a dad as well, at least biologically"

Simon: "no, some kids at Queen E don't have dads"

me: "yes they do, their dads just don't live with them, but you do need a Daddy to have a baby. Where is this going?"

Simon: "guys don't have babies, so why do you need a daddy?"

me: (flustered) "Um, Simon, do you remember when we were watching tv and that Red Bull commercial came on? I told you that I'd explain it to you when you're older? Well, this falls under the same category and you will just have to wait 1 more year."

Simon: "oh, okay'

End of discussion.

Another bullet dodged until next time.

BTW, all the time this is happening, Amy is in the background grinning her fool little head off at my expense...grrrr :P

Michelle? I may need to borrow that book again sometime soon, I'm not sure if he'll wait another year :(

2 comments:

cafepress.com/hitsandhobbies said...

Oh boy - I'm not ready for those conversations - that's for sure!!!!

kkaci said...

In the middle of those conversations :-).