Sunday, July 20, 2008

Just Knitting

I recently bought some really beautiful yarn from a very talented friend of mine Ann-Marie (see her Etsy shop).

It's a Merino Tencel and the colourway is called 'Serenity'. Can you see the gloss to the yarn? I love knitting with this yarn.
This is what I'm knitting with it.
(bad colour from my camera grr)

I also finished 2 others projects. Here first are my Birkenstock socks. I wear Birkies almost exclusively in the spring/summer/fall months and wanted something that I could wear them with comfortably under pants. I HATE the socks that have toes so I found this pattern on the Paton's new stretchy sock yarn.




Aren't they cute!

Last but certainly not the least...I finally finished my first attempt at Fair Isle type knitting. I found this pattern on Ravelry called Simple Stripes Fair Isle Socks by Kathleen Taylor and fell in love with the patterns and colours. It was originally a pattern released on KnitPicks to be knit with their Simple Stripes yarn (which has been discontinued).

Since I couldn't use their yarn, I came up with the idea of using some left over yarn from different sock projects I had completed previously. I have bought quite a few skeins of yarn in various colours from my friend Ann-Marie in the Merino-Tencel that I love.

The first picture is Kathleen's sock done with the self striping Simple Stripes yarn.

This second pic is of my completed (unblocked) socks (this pic doesn't show the brilliance and depth of the real colours). I am very proud of these socks. Using 4 leftover yarns in different colours I was able to very closely match the colours of Kathleens.


2 comments:

cafepress.com/hitsandhobbies said...

victoria = talented
cool post!

kkaci said...

Vic, you should be proud of those Fair Isle socks. Awesome!

And the Birkie socks are very fun as well :-).