Tuesday, July 22, 2008

My Husband Is Home!

Jay's home. Jay's home. Jay's home. Woohoo! After 9 very long months he's home. Did I mention he was gone for 9 months? :)

I love, love, love having Jay home. He arrived here on Sunday at 2pm after a veeeery long drive. We spent the balance of Sunday catching up and Monday just relaxing and finding space for all the stuff Jay brought home from his apartment in Calgary.
We have been having a wonderful time and there is so much to catch up on. Poor Jay can't believe how much Amy and Si have changed and grown (and not just Si's hair lol)

But...
The noise level in the house has risen several decibels.

I'd forgotten the sound of Simon's laughing, screeching and screaming, "no Daddy, no!!!!" and as Jay tickles him merclessly.

I'd forgotten how when Amy is excited, you can't make her close her teeth for longer than 5 seconds.
I'd forgotten what it's like for my voice to be drowned out in the non-stop chatter of 3 monkeys all talking and laughing at once.

Am I complaining you ask? Well, maybe just a little (insert sheepish grin here).
Not complaining about having him home, just about the rise in the noise and confusion level around here. Something I must get used to and learn to accomodate once more (not that I really mind).

It rained yesterday, again and Simon decided to take advantage of the incredible downpour.

I remember playing in the rain as a kid and how much I loved it. I remember those days when the sun would be brightly shining and then the rain would start pouring. I loved those sun showers :) We don't get those sun showers as much anymore...I wonder why?
So, for dinner last night we had homemade lasagna, garlic bread and salad (I'm forcing lots of veggies on hubby after his 9months of veggie starvation). For dessert we had a chocolate cake and ice cream that the kids made to welcome Daddy home.

Here's the first sign that my hubby is back...


Poor kid couldn't even eat a piece of cake in peace. *Sigh* Boys will be boys :-)

Today we got up late and met my dad at 'the office' (the local McDonald's) where he hangs out most mornings with his friends over numerous refills of coffee, or what McDonald's like to pass off as coffee "ack".

We're just getting ready to go for a drive to the Black River Cheese factory, so I will post some more later tonight.

Oops wait, Simon just came in from outside and here is a second sign my hubby is back...

Jay was pulling a dent out of the side of his truck with a plunger and well, "boys will be boys".

7:30pm

What a great day!

Went for a drive to the Black River Cheese factory



for one of my favourite treats, Salsa Blend cheese mmmm.


Then we drove to what used to be Point Traverse, I think it's called Prince Edward Point?

We spent the afternoon wandering the shale and skipping stones. We also found 4 very large, very dead fish. I won't post any pictures of those, suffice to say the stink made me turn and run off the other way while Jay and kids stayed to investigate. GROSS!






Jay thinks he's found an alien skull (should I burst his bubble?)

and here he's found a little worm.

It never ceases to amaze me how straight these rocks are...
Well, that's enough for now. We're going to go watch a video and then have an earlier night.
God Bless!!!

1 comment:

cafepress.com/hitsandhobbies said...

So happy for you that the time apart is done-done-done!
We, too, have been getting into our new family groove now that we are all together - last night, for example, I was trying to do some work online in the evening and kept getting distracted by the TV. I'm pathetic in that I can't filter out noise like that, so Steve had to put his TV watching on hold for a bit until I could finish!!