Saturday, July 12, 2008

Something I Forgot To Mention...

While Jay and I are sure we made the right decision for him to return home, it was really cool to see how God confirmed this decision for us right after we made it.

While at camp I attended a morning bible study taught by ???. On the first morning as he was speaking on having God as your center and relying only on Him he gave a few examples of what not to do...and this one hit me straight in the face.

"you can move to Calgary, but end up taking all the same problems with you". Wow! My sil and both looked at each other in shock. He could have used any other city, country etc., but he said CALGARY! He's right, although the job offer Jay got was good, it would work out to the be the same financially as it was here before he left for Calgary.

The next day or so, Jay called me all excited. He had been praying and giving up this whole decision to God when he'd said to God. "You know what I need to get all my stuff home, either a cap for the truck bed or a tunnel cover". The next day he went to a new job site and while working noticed a white tunnel cover lying up against the garage. Upon asking the owner of the house what his plans were for the cover and if we could buy it, the owner told him he could just have it. It is now installed on Jay's truck and the truck is packed already for the trip.

So, what do you think? We really feel that God is blessing us with this return.

Jay has asked me to ask everyone to 'pray him home' as he and Devon travels the 4000+ km home next week. Our new truck is an unknown as this time and we are praying it will get Jay home quickly AND safely.

No comments: