Tuesday, April 21, 2009

All this rain means beautiful flowers for my gardens

Summer's coming!!!

I love the summer. Camping, swimming, picnics, boat rides, strawberries in June, Family Camps in July and August, gardening. All these things I can associate with different smells. Right now, I'm imagining the smells of my peonies, roses and honeysuckle.

My gardens are becoming full of green and my Clematis made it through their first winter and have small shoots growing up.


















Even the Hostas are poking their noses up :-)
















If you look very,very closely near the wooden stick on the left you will see one Clematis shoot and on the right another
















Aren't these lovely, they're called Icicle Tulips. The only bulb out of 20 that survived the squirrels :-(
















Pretty soon I will have all these lovelies gracing our gardens again...
















Oh, how I hope I get another rose bouquet like this one. It was so incredibly beautiful.
















Day lilies

































Soothing Lavendar, right under the window. The scent is unbelievable.
















My one and only Beebalm...see Karen I did plant it,
















and I still don't know where the raspberry bushes came from.

2 comments:

Michelle Found said...

Pretty gardens, Victoria.

I have new plants coming up already but haven't even got the dead stuff out from last year.

Yikes.

Waiting for warmer weather before I go out to work! ha.

cafepress.com/hitsandhobbies said...

Hello Martha Stewart. Impressive!!!

So sorry about your tulips - they're probably my favourite flower - what a bummer that the squirrels got so many!! :-(