Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Grrrrrr! English is my new favourite subject to hate...

Hate is such a strong word. But boy oh boy, I cannot think of another word ADJECTIVE right now that better describes my feelings at this moment.

Nominative case pronouns, subject nominative case, predicate nominative case, objective case, possessive case, demonstrative, indefinite, prepositional phrases, interrogative pronouns...arrrrgh! Enough already and don't get me started on adjectives, adverbs, prepositions, conjunctions, interjections and all their many variations.

I thought math was my passionately hated subject until this year. English has now taken it's place. Why can't things be simpler for those of us with simple minds?

I get that it's important to learn these things, but unless you plan on being an English teacher, writer, journalist etc., give me a break.

I love Rod & Staff's curriculum and if I'm burning out how can Amy not. How do kids retain all this information? I don't remember learning half of this stuff in school. I don't even remember a 1/4 of it now.

















Amy's gone with the Lester's today to meet Sydney's plane (coming home from Belgium) and I thought I'd take this opportunity to read through her English book and makes some sense of it all. God help me! It's gonna be a looong day!

No comments: