Tuesday, April 7, 2009

...finally the end of the stomach flu

Oh boy! I hope I'm right. We have been battling the stomach flu ever since early March in this house.

First Simon wakes me up and climbs into our bed at 1am. Proceeds to lose his supper IN our bed! So, I'm up with him from 1:30am to 8ish. Looong night :(

Passed out after a rough night poor baby :(
































So, Simon recovers fairly quickly (oh for a child's disposition) and now all I can think of is "who is gonna get it next?"

A day passes, 2 days pass, a week passes...nothing. Two weeks pass and bam! I get it on March break weekend (Saturday night) waaaah. This nasty bug had me out for 3 days plus a week before I started feeling semi normal. Tuesday night comes around, poor Amy gets it. She's out 2 full days.

Drinking a cup of tea after her rough night
















fell asleep with her cup of tea :)
















Simon's not sick here, he just didn't want to sleep upstairs by himself since Amy was sleeping on the couch.
















"Okay Lord, that's three of us, please let Jay get it on his days off so he doesn't miss out on any work" (believe me I was trying not to be selfish).

Another day passes, 2 days pass, a week passes...nothing. Two weeks pass. Wow, we made it, Jay can't get it now it's been over two weeks.

BAM! Saturday morning, he calls from work, "I think I got the flu, I'm coming home". Waaaah! I am so selfish, all I can think of is "why not on his days off Lord, why?" Two work days down the toilet, literally grrrr.

Hubby comes home, goes to bed and sleeps. Kids and I go out for evening (couldn't cancel plans on Amy) and when we come home where is Jay? On the couch passed out cold and snoring his head off. IT hit while we were out.

Sunday afternoon eating a bowl of what else? Chicken soup.
















So, poor Jay gets the flu finally and it has run it's course through our house. We pray. Stomach flu doesn't recycle does it???? Please God no.

Excuse me? Oh, you ask, why are there no pictures of me with the flu? I hid the camera!! hahahahaha!

2 comments:

Michelle Found said...

Tsk, Tsk..... Hiding the camera....shame on you.

Hey kids, next time Mom does that, give me a call, you can borrow MY camera.....hahahahha.

Glad you're all feeling better.

And, yes, it CAN recycle....but it usually doesn't.....but remember, we're Murphy's Law girls..........so it might......but not wanting to be a pessimist, let's say it DOESN'T recycle....

cafepress.com/hitsandhobbies said...

Huh, over a week since your last post. What in the world are you up to? Hmmmmm????????
Hahahahaha - I tease - I know you're super-busy and I'm thinking of all ya'll with the new responsibilities and time pressures at your home.