Monday, June 16, 2008

Family Music Videos

Amy, Amy, why won't you sing anymore. My heart is so sad and misses listening to your angelic voice.


When Amy was little she always loved to sing in the car. No matter where we going, you could always count on hearing her in the back seat singing Amazing Grace, His Eye Is On The Sparrow or some other hymn in the sweetest, most beautiful voice. I so miss those days.


Now I have to beg her to sing for me. I'm grateful that we recorded a cd when she was 9 years old for her grandpa's Christmas present. I occasionally pull out that cd and listen to it and remember those days. It feels so long ago now.


Will she ever get back the desire to sing publicly? Will she remember that her voice is a gift from her Lord and use it for Him? I pray so.


I've put together a few videos here to share. Hope you enjoy them as much as Jay and I do.


Singing at Wesley Acres summer of 2007.



This is Amy's voice recital from June 2007 accompanied by her music teacher Robert Martin.


Singing "You Make It Rain for Me" at Wesley Acres 2006. The following songs were sung for a fundraiser for Jon & Carol Reeds mission trip Brazil.

Wayfaring Stranger

Go Light Your World

Amy and Simon both participated in the Rising Stars Competition last September 2007. These video are their showcase performances on the last day, September 9th.

The last couple of videos are of Simon. The first one he's singing at our church. We were there one evening practicing some music Amy was supposed to sing, and Simon wanted his moment in the limelight.

Simon's voice recital at age 5 with Emily Fennell. Here he's singing the song from Pinocchio, "I've Got No Strings".

Comments welcome :-)


No comments: