Tuesday, June 10, 2008

To Purge Or Not To Purge...

There's a title to catch your eye :)

What a day! I woke up at 4:48am precisely to Simon shaking me and going "Mom, mom, I can't sleep, the air conditioner is too loud". Grrrr. That's two mornings in a row now that I've been up before 5am and the night before those, I lay in bed for hours unable to sleep.

So, being the nice mom that I am, I gave Si my side of the bed and went to sleep on the couch where he'd been sleeping. Did I mention the upstairs of our house was a furnace and the kids both had to sleep downstairs...Amy in my bed and Si on the couch? I cannot sleep with both kids so we trade off nights while Jays been away.

Anyways back to my story. I took the couch and curled up to go back to sleep. Guess what? The air conditioner IS too loud. So much for sleeping *sigh*.

It's like, "Why am I awake again so early Lord, what did I do?"

Ah, no it's not what I've done it's what I've not been doing. I got the message and climbed into my knitting chair with my bible and started to spend some quiet time with Him. I have been so neglectful of my Lord these days. Life gets so busy and full of distractions that I tend to forget that it wouldn't be so difficult if I'd just start and end my days with Him.

I'm glad for these early mornings and hope that I will remain glad should I wake up early again tomorrow.

So, back to my title.

School is almost over and I'm feeling the pressure to get things done, but not feeling the energy or drive to do it. Instead I'm feeling the pressure of clutter, disorganization and general blahs.

Every time I walk into the classroom I'm bombarded by the sight of so many books and craft items and STUFF. What to do? What to do?

I PURGED!! Yippee!!!

My friends, Janna came by during the day and took armfuls of books away for her kids and Ann-Marie came by tonight and took away a box of books and stuff as well. I got stuff for my sil and more stuff for another friend. What a great feeling to get rid of so much and to people I know will appreciate these books and things as much as Amy, Simon and I did.

My books shelves and classroom look much more inviting and manageable now. Thanks girls!




















Now, just want to show you my peonies from my backyard...Ann-Marie couldn't believe they were real. They are soooo beautiful and this picture really doesn't do them justice, but I'm putting it on anyway.




Pretty flowers, pretty smell.
Well, it's 11:30pm and if God is going to wake me before 5am, I'd best get to bed now. Goodnight all.

No comments: