Sunday, June 8, 2008

My recent trip to Calgary or "OUR SECOND HONEYMOON"

I went to visit Jay last month from May 27th to June 4th. What a wonderful, awesome, fun and totally too quick a trip!

We had such a great time. I got there at 9:30pm (Ab time) and after negotiating Calgary traffic, we were at Jay's place by 10:30.

Thanks to all my friends who prayed for me. The flight was so much better than I've ever experienced. Take off and landing were a breeze, although being up that high was unsettling on both my nerves and my stomach. I ended up closing the blind on my window for the flight.

WestJet was awesome and let me bring my knitting onboard, so I knitted, watched tv and listened to some homemade music cd's for the 4 hr flight.

I took 4 UFO's with me on the flight, in case I got bored with one I could switch to another (UFO in knitting terms is Un Finished Objects for those of you who weren't quite sure what I was talking about).

While at Jay's I was able to finish Simon's socks and started again on the 2nd sock of my first attempt at fair-isle knitting (which I have almost finished).

For those of you wondering why on earth I would knit while with my hubby whom I have seen only twice in 7 months...believe me all knitting was done while he was at work the Wed, Thurs and Fri (wink).

Sunday we attended church at the Free Methodist housechurch that Jay has been attending, Pineridge House. What an awesome group of people. They were very warm and welcoming to me and I could see clearly the affection they have for Jay. You have no idea how much this has set my mind at rest, meeting his new friends and pastor. There are approximately 30 people in this church including the children. The majority of the families are homeschoolers as well...too cool.

We enjoyed a lovely meal and fellowship after church (they do this every Sunday) and then went on our way. Out to dinner at the home of an old friend of mine (the place where Jay stayed when he first got to Calgary) and home.

Monday we went to Banff, Lake Louise and very briefly B.C. We missed the Lake Louise turn off and ended up in B.C. for all of maybe 5 minutes?

Pictures of our trip can be found at http://picasaweb.google.ca/VictoriaRutherford/CalgaryTrip2008
















































That trip was over so quickly and if it wasn't for the fact I have two amazing kids here at home waiting for me, I might never have come back.

Will keep you posted on what happens next...whether Jay comes home or we go to Jay.

2 comments:

kkaci said...

Congratulations, Vic! You've come over to the dark ... er ... blogging side. It's very useful though; great for out-of-town family!

Love those photos of Alberta ... sigh :-).

Sophia said...

great pictures! The mountains look fake they are so beautiful!!! wow
I am glad you guys got to spend some quality alone time together- I can only imagine how hard it must be to be so far apart from your husband. God bless you guys through this time and i hope it ends soon!