Sunday, June 8, 2008

Time to jump on the band wagon...

Everyone's got a blog. Ann-Marie has a blog, Karen has a blog, Janna has a blog, Sophie's got a blog, even Chris has a blog (not updated regularly though lol), the Rutherford's...no blog. Until today.


I haven't really figured out what I will write on this that other people would be interested in reading. Can't imagine our lives being very exciting to read about, but who knows? You know the old saying "One mans trash is another mans treasure"? Well maybe our lives will provide some little "treasure" of a moment for someone else :)


I figure this will be a good way to keep family members and friends updated on our lives without sending out countless emails and phone calls. If you know me well, you know I strongly DISLIKE talking on the phone.


So what is new in our household? Not much. What may be happening in our lives? Oh where to start.


Jay's now been gone 7 months. 7 VERY LOOONG lonely months without my best friend. I miss him. If you'd told me this time last year that I would have a whole new appreciation for my husband and a stronger love I would have smiled and agreed. Of course, I would. After all, he is my husband and our marriage has been getting stronger over the years, isn't that natural?


(I am so thankful for a God that can get us through anything and won't give us more than we can handle. )


So, here we are seven months later and I have no idea when Jay is coming home. I won't bore you with all the things I have learned over these months, suffice to say, I DO have a deeper appreciation for Jay. A stronger love than I even knew I was capable of and a respect for him that has no limits.


Wow, I didn't know blogging could be so difficult. If I was journalling there are all kinds of things I could include here, however, since this is for other people, I really have to edit and control my natural inclination to just write everything.


I'm going to do a separate post of some pics of Jay's apartment in Calgary, plus some of my recent visit to him. What an awesome trip by the way!


I think this is enough for now. I will end with a picture of what else...my best friend and myself.












4 comments:

cafepress.com/hitsandhobbies said...

Very, very sweet first blog entries. I loved it! And since I am also NOT a phone talker and I won't get to see you each week at church and throughout the week at craft night events, etc. :( I'm glad we will have our blogs to help keep up with the "goings on" in each other's lives. Love ya!

Ann-Marie MacKay said...

(I tried to leave a comment yesterday but blogger didn't like it)

What a beautiful first post!
Welcome to bloggy world

(is Jay wearing cowboy boots??)

Anonymous said...

Nope, they're his Merrill's...ultra comfortable walking shoes :-)

Sophia said...

such touching comments- I better not let Scott see this or he expect an 'ode to scott' lol.
I didn't know (and still don't really) know what to blog about but I figured for my family in Roch they could go there and 'read all about it'.
Keep it up, you are off to a great start!