Saturday, November 29, 2008

Christmas at Dads

Today was my Dad's Christmas celebration and what a wonderful time! Everyone showed up and we ended up with 22 people for dinner. My brother, the chef, was in charge of the kitchen as usual and he prepared this incredible salad of tomatoes and "REAL" mozzerella and black & green olives on a bed of mache with 3 different kinds of sausage, lamb with rosemary and mint, sausage with apple, and another with cheddar and green onion. Rob buys these sausages from someplace near his home in Oshawa where they are made. Absolutely incredible flavour. Over the top of this salad he'd drizzled a pesto vinigrette. Man! I would have been perfectly happy just eating that for dinner. Oooh lala, my bro is the best!

Dad had cooked up 2 turkeys and my sis provided a ham. There was the whole usual accompaniement of mashed potatoes, roasted potatoes, sweet potatoe casserole, dressing, coleslaw, homemade whole wheat dinner rolls (courtesy of moi), peas, and of course the yummy gravy. A veritable feast fit for a king. And since all of my dad's kids were Kings' at one point, how appropriate eh? :)














Then after dinner there was this to contend with...I was strong! I did not give in. I did not touch one crumb of the sweet table. Heck, I didn't even help them clean it up after, no way was I putting myself in temptations path!


See that big white cake? My sister made a 3 layer homemade carrot cake. People were drooling over it. And the cake in the bottom left corner with dollops of whipped cream? That was for adults only ~ our good family friend informs us that there was a good 8 oz of rum in that baby, 1/2 cooked in and 1/2 soaked in mmmmm num nums!

Not one thing on that table was low sugar or gluten free :( poor Vic (lol).

Now, since I was such a good girl I think it only fair that when I weigh myself on Monday for my bi-weekly weigh in, I should see a dramatic loss. What do you think?

All in all, a wonderful time had by all and we were all home by 10pm and my dad and Linda are probably fast asleep now as I type this.

Night Dad, night Lin. Love you guys and thanks for a wonderful time!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Was reading your blog.....congrats on the weight loss. You have waaaaaaaaaay more of a determination than me.

Anonymous said...

hanks Vic! – That was fun to re-live again! Have a blessed day OH!!!