Sunday, November 9, 2008

She's Back!!!!

I am so excited. Amy has finally performed in public after almost a whole year off. Jay and I are really hoping this is a turning point for her. Her confidence has been very shaky over the past year and she's refused to sing anywhere, even at home for her dad and I.

A young family friend called back in September and asked Amy to sing at this fundraiser she was organizing to raise funds to help less fortunate children to have a Christmas. Amy agreed to do it. This fundraiser was called "Kids Helping Kids" and all the performers were kids. It's incredible how much talent there is in our community!

I have been so nervous and uptight the past week. There have been several song choice changes and some tears on both parts, Amy's as she deals with her insecurity and me as I deal with watching her and feeling her fear.

I didn't have anything to worry about as this video will attest.

Our little singer is back!

The first song is ABBA's "I Have A Dream" which only hours before Amy decided to sing a capella after deciding she didn't like the performance track :)

The second song is "When the Angels Sing" and she is accompanied by her dad on bass guitar, Blake Found on fiddle and Michelle Found on keyboard and backup vocals.

*Just a note, I'm really disappointed in the quality of the video...my mistake I forgot to zoom in while recording (was too busy praying her through it) and had it on auto focus, so for some reason there is the occasional almost pulsing glow coming from Amy.

.






2 comments:

kkaci said...

Go Amy! I loved your cover of "I Have a Dream". I wish we could have been there.

Karen

Linda said...

Well done Amy!