Monday, November 17, 2008

Why I've Gone Private

Good Morning Everyone! or at least good morning to all our friends and family :)

As of yesterday our blog has gone private. I was convicted to do this after speaking with a friend about how our kids photos are on display for all and sundry to see. One never knows who is looking at these pictures and it would be very easy for some unstable individual to figure out where we live. Sad to say, but I have to be careful.

I have to admit I'm going to miss seeing all the different countries that like to visit.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great idea to me.

I enjoyed looking at the pictures not too long ago. Sue

Sheila said...

I understand your concern!

I have that, too, but the fact is that my kids' photos are already in the newspaper from my column, so I figure that they're already "not private". But I think you're being wise.

The main thing, I believe, is simply not to allow your kids on the internet without you having complete knowledge of what they're doing. That's where things can really get hairy!

Visit To Love, Honor and Vacuum today!

cafepress.com/hitsandhobbies said...

Hey Vic,
I share your concerns! I'm still public 'cause I can't figure out a way for Steve's sweet elderly grandma to get on the blog without it being too complicated for her if it was private. As it is now, she has told me that many days the only reason she turns on the computer is to go to the blog to see her great grandkids. Oh, what to do!
I do try to be careful about what I write, but I don't blame you for your decision and who knows? I may join you in the private world one day! :-)